- Greenville Arts Council was founded in 1983.
- The ROGER D. MALKIN GALLERY was created by funds from The Deer Creek Foundation in 2006.
- GAC moved into E. E. Bass Cultural Arts Center on Main Street in 2007, from the Wetherbee House.
- 2007 was also the year that E. E. Bass Cultural Arts Center became home to Greenville’s 1901 Armitage-Herschell Carousel after its restoration.
- Today Greenville Arts Council’s Executive Director, Programs Director, & its Board of Directors maintain itself as well as the E. E. Bass Education & Development Foundation, E. E. Bass Cultural Arts Center grounds, its Malkin Gallery, & the historic carousel.