From our friends at the John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts:
The Kennedy Center will present its third annual Arts Integration Conference: Exploring an Approach to Teaching this year on June 24-26 for teachers, principals, school district administrators, and partnering arts organization staff and teaching artists. Registration is now available for new and returning attendees.
During this three-day conference, you have the opportunity to explore the “how” of arts integration, rooted in the Kennedy Center’s 30 years of experience in professional learning for teachers. The conference unpacks the Kennedy Center’s definition of arts integration, provides many strategies that can make arts integration a .part of every teacher’s approach to teaching, A detailed agenda is available on the Kennedy Center’s website.
Registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and is available for individuals or teams. Conference registration is limited to 140 attendees. Travel, lodging, and additional meals are the responsibility of participants.
Registration Fee (two options):
- Option 1: $375 (includes conference registration, resource binder, meals [breakfasts (Monday-Wednesday, lunches (Monday & Tuesday)].
- Option 2: $425 (includes conference registration, resource binder, meals [breakfasts (Monday-Wednesday, lunches (Monday & Tuesday), dinner (Tuesday), and one performance ticket to Anything Goes on Tuesday night (a $160 value)].
To register for the conference:
1. Complete the online registration form by May 2. If you are attending as a team, each team member should submit a separate registration form. If you are interested in registering a team of more than 15 people, contact Michelle Carney at MLCarney@kennedy-center.org first to determine availability.
2. Choose the workshops and concurrent sessions that you wish to attend.
3. Ensure that payment is received by the Kennedy Center no later than May 2. If payment is not received by the Kennedy Center at that time, your registration will be cancelled.
Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email confirming your acceptance and providing further information about the conference. If you do not receive an email within 2 weeks of submitting your registration, contact Michelle Carney.
Once you have received a confirmation email that you have been accepted, book your travel and make your hotel reservations. There are blocks of rooms reserved at One Washington Circle Hotel (http://www.thecirclehotel.com/) and The George Washington University Inn (http://www.gwuinn.com/) for a special rate of $239 per night. Again, participants are responsible for their own travel and hotel accommodations.