The E.E Bass School building is one of the historical treasures of Greenville and the state of Mississippi. The building, built in two phases, housed the original High School and subsequent E.E. Bass Junior High School. The South end of the building, the original Greenville High School, was completed in 1916. In 1929, the E.E. Bass Junior High wing was added, designed by renowned architect A. Hays Town, of the Overstreet firm in Jackson. Located between these two wings, the auditorium served (as it does today) as the building’s centerpiece. The result was one of the finest schools in the state and one of the greatest examples of the Overstreet firm’s Mississippi school buildings.