Apply to be an Intern!
The South Arts internship program provides learning opportunities and on-the-job experience to college juniors/seniors, graduate students, and recent college graduates with a professional interest in arts administration. Interns are expected to work 15-20 hours per week (20-25 hours during the summer), participate in daily activities, contribute skills and ideas, and produce excellent work.
Undergraduate junior/senior, graduate student, or recent college graduate (within one year) with:
- Experience or demonstrated interest in the arts and/or arts administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to establish priorities and manage numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel) and experience conducting Internet-based research are required.
- Knowledge of any of the following is desirable, but not required: Microsoft Outlook, Blackbaud/Kintera, Audacity, Facebook, YouTube, and/or Twitter.
How to Apply
- Email the following to Bola Ogunlade, email@example.com. Please include ‘Spring 2012 Internship’ in the Subject line of your email.
- Cover letter discussing career goals, computer skills, and when you are available to start. (Start and end dates are flexible provided that a full term is completed.)
- Academic/Professional résumé.
- Names and contact information for two academic and/or professional references.
Application deadline is Tuesday, January 10, 2012.
For questions, please contact Bola Ogunlade at firstname.lastname@example.org /404-201-7938.
For additional information visit www.southarts.org