Position Available: Executive Director
The Greenville Arts Council seeks an energetic and visionary leader to serve as the organization’s Executive Director. The Greenville Arts Council enriches the cultural life of the region and serves as a vital partner in the well-being of Washington County by supporting individual creativity, cultural heritage, tourism development, and lifelong learning through the arts. The Executive Director is responsible for carrying out the mission of the Greenville Arts Council, at the direction of the Board, by acting as a provider, collaborator, and leader of arts activities.
EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
Ideal candidates for the position will have:
- At least three to five years of progressive leadership experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector and/or in arts and culture.
- An undergraduate degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Experience in reporting to and serving a Board of Directors.
- Experience with the dynamics of Board/staff relationships and the boundaries of authority between them.
- Proven fundraising success, and the confidence to ask for financial support and assist Board members in soliciting such support.
- A strong understanding of financial management and oversight experience with a comparable budget and staff.
- The ability to research grant opportunities and write effective proposals.
- Experience in networking with state organizations and artists to broaden programming choices and in negotiating contractual arrangements.
- Experience in supervision of staff and in encouraging their best work.
- An ability to engage and support the Board of Directors and its committees in meeting the financial goals of the organization with transparency and accuracy.
- The ability to set direction, build partnerships, and cultivate the support of community leaders.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A strategic approach to organizational growth and a sensitivity to community needs and preferences.
- The ability to motivate and appreciate volunteers and steward major donors.
- A commitment to continued learning for all staff members including him/herself.
Interested candidates should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of the Greenville Arts Council is to promote the rich cultural heritage of the region and stimulate and encourage cultural activities, arts appreciation, arts education, and the creative works of artists.
We strive to continue our mission through housing local artist’s studio spaces, hosting gallery exhibitions year-round of local/regional artists, coordinate student and teacher learning arts-workshops, and opening our auditorium doors for artistic, cultural activities.
The Greenville Arts Council is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization that works in public/private partnership with the City of Greenville and the Washington County Convention & Visitors Bureau. Our agency also receives public funding from the Mississippi Arts Commission, a state agency and National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency. Additionally, our programs and services are supported by private foundations, corporate donors, our volunteer board of directors, and individuals committed to cultural development in the city.
Individuals can contribute on many levels. Membership is a great and affordable way to support the work of the arts council on an annual basis and has many valuable benefits. Be sure to check out our Membership opportunities & join us in our mission to support the arts.
Volunteering with the Greenville Arts Council is a wonderful way to contribute something positive to your community and to feed your own creativity at the same time. The E.E. Bass Cultural Arts Center is an exciting place to be! There is always something going on, and here one can witness all of the varied art forms in action. There are opportunities to help GAC & E. E. BASS FOUNDATION set-up/break-down events, organize materials/supplies, clear out the old to bring in the new, file paperwork, assist in answering phones, & much more. Simply contact Benjamin Luckett, let us know what your schedule can accommodate, or click here to submit your schedule by clicking the “VOLUNTEER” button below.